DPW Laborer for the Animal Shelter
The Charter Township of Brownstown is accepting applications for the position DPW Laborer in the animal shelter. This is a part time non-union position. Applicants should completely fill out a Township application and
include a resume listing job experience. The hours for this position will be 8am to 1pm Monday through Friday. Hourly wage is $14.74
Work will be performed under the direction of the full time Animal Control Officers. General daily duties will include:
- Clean animal kennels.
- Clean animal shelter area both indoors and outdoors.
- Assist with walking dogs as needed.
- Assist Animal Control Officers as needed.
- Must follow all procedures/protocols of animal shelter.
Qualifications for consideration:
- Valid & current Michigan drivers license
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor under all types of weather and
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees.
- Ability to pass a medical physical, drug screen, and background check.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (animal kennels).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Past experience in the field of Public Works and/or animal shelter work experience.
Deadline of applications for consideration is March 31, 2017
Send completed application with resume to:
Human Resources Director
21313 Telegraph Road
Brownstown, Ml 48183
Human Resources ManagerThe Charter Township of Brownstown is accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Manager. This position will develop and direct all human resources programs and payroll functions. The position entails assisting in contract negotiations, benefit packages, employment selection, recruitment, training and payroll. A Bachelor’s Degree is required, an MPA preferred. A minimum of 5 years human resource experience in a supervisory or management capacity required, preferably in government. Salary range: $55,000-$65,000
Applications are available at the Clerk’s Office or at www.brownstown-mi.org. Resumes accompanied with applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Completed applications may also be sent to: Brian Peters, Clerk, Charter Township of Brownstown, 21313 Telegraph Rd., Brownstown MI 48183.
Police OfficerBrownstown Police Department, Wayne County. Applications obtained at the Clerk's Department, 21313 Telegraph Rd., 8AM to 4PM Mon-Fri or at www.brownstownpolice-mi.org. Accepted until March 14, 2017 by 4PM. All applicants must be M-COLES certified/certifiable preferred, currently attending an MCOLES certified police academy or have completed a minimum of 60 college credits from a North Central Accredited college or university and have completed MCOLES pre-application testing. Candidates must also be a United States Citizen, be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, free of felony convictions and have taken the EMPCO Entry Level Law Enforcement Test by closing date (www.empco.net). Candidates must have a 75 or better score to be considered, pass a physical agility test, oral interview and pass an extensive background investigation.
Police Officer Recruit lnformation